In this tutorial, we will use the AU Lab program to run the Live Processor together with BlackHole.
Proceed by doing the following steps:
- Download and install AU Lab: https://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/au_lab.zip
- Download and install BlackHole: BlackHole: Route Audio Between Apps (existential.audio)
- Download and install the Dirac Live Processor: https://live.dirac.com/download
- Restart Computer
- Open “System Preferences”, select “Sound” and choose “BlackHole 16ch” as Output
- Start AU Lab and create a new document by selecting File->New… Select Stereo in/Stereo
out with input device: BlackHole 16 ch and Output device your preferred soundcard.
- Play a sound with spotify or a mediaplayer to make sure sound is passing through.
- If you hear no sound, make sure AU Lab is allowed to access the microphone.
- Add DiracLiveProcessor plugin to effects on the output channel
- Save the AU Lab document that you just created and go to AU Lab->Preferences… and select
documents. Choose Open a specific document in the radio button list and choose the document you
- You can also right click the AU Lab icon in the Dock and choose option->Open at Login
You have now setup AU Lab together with Dirac Live processor and BlackHole. You are now ready to perform a measurement and create your first filters.
Proceed according the Step by Step instructions found at Dirac Live® Processor - Quick Start Guide - Dirac Live Support - Confluence and continue from “Install and set up the Dirac Live