In this tutorial, we will use the AU Lab program to run the Live Processor together with Black Hole.
Proceed by doing the following steps:
• Download and install AU Lab. https://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-foritunes/
• Download and install Black Hole: https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole#easyinstallation-
• Download and install the Dirac Live Processor: https://live.dirac.com/download
• Restart Computer
• Open “System Preferences”, select “Sound” and choose “Black Hole 16ch” as Output
• Start AU Lab and create a new document by selecting File->New… Select Stereo in/Stereo
out with input device: Black Hole 16 ch and Output device your preferred soundcard.
• Play a sound with spotify or a mediaplayer to make sure sound is passing through.
If you hear no sound, make sure AU Lab is allowed to access the microphone.
• Add DiracLiveProcessor plugin to effects on the output channel
• save the AU Lab document that you just created and go to AU Lab->Preferences… and select
documents. Choose Open a specific document in the radio button list and choose the document you
You can also right click the AU Lab icon in the Dock and choose option->Open at Login
You have now setup AU Lab together with Dirac Live processor and Black Hole. You are now ready to
perform a measurement and create your first filters.
You should now proceed according the Step by Step instructions found at
https://live.dirac.com/processor-step-by-step/ and continue from “Install and set up the Dirac Live