In this tutorial, we will use the Host Element Free to run the Dirac Processor Plugin together with Black Hole for multichannel processing on MacOS by doing the following steps:
Download and install Element: https://kushview.net/free-vst-host/
The free version is found on their GitHub, v0.41.1 can be downloaded here:https://github.com/kushview/Element/releases/tag/0.41.1
Download and install Black Hole: https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole#easy-installation-instructions
Download and install Dirac Processor Plugin: https://live.dirac.com/download
Open “System Preferences”, select “Sound” and choose “Black Hole 16ch” as Output
- Open Element and go to Element->Preferences... and click “Audio”. Select your multichannel soundcard (in this case OCTA-CAPTURE) as output and BalckHole 16ch as input.
- In Element go to View->Plugin Manager and click “Scan” and make sure DiracLiveProcessor appears in the list.
- In Element go to View->Graph Editor and right click in the Graph Editor and select Dirac Research->DiracLiveProcessor
- Close the Dirac Processor Plugin user interface and click on the cogwheel and select 5.1 Surround channel layout on both input and output and click “Save”.
- Double click DiracLiveProcessor to open the User Interface and select 5.1 Surround in the top right corner.
- Connect the wires from BlackHole 16ch to DiracLiveProcessor and from DiracLiveProcessor to your Soundcard
You have now setup Element together with Dirac Processor Plugin and Black Hole. You are now ready to perform a measurement and create your first filters.