In order to use Dirac Processor Plugin, you will need to download and install two components: Dirac Live® and the Dirac Processor Plugin. Dirac Live® is used to measure and generate filters, while the Processor audio plugin stores the corresponding filters and processes audio data.
Dirac Processor Plugin compatibility
The Dirac Processor Plugin package requires a plugin host (DAW, Digital Audio Workstation) compatible with VST2, VST3, AAX, or AU plugins. Compatible hosts include but are not limited to:
- Logic Pro X
- Cubase 10
- Studio One 4
- JRiver Media Center
- Ableton Live 10/11
- Pro Tools 11 or later
The Dirac Live Processor can use any soundcard etc available for playback. USB/HDMI for AVR and SPIDF output for audio (optical or coax).
Download and Install Dirac Live® and Dirac Processor Plugin
You can download Dirac Live and Dirac Processor Plugin here. Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet for licensing purposes.
Open the files and follow the installation procedures.
The Processor plugin will be placed in a folder according to the path below, unless you have made changes during the installation process:
- Program Files/Common Files/VST2
- Program Files/Common Files/VST3
- Program Files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
- /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
Start your DAW and locate the audio plugin in the plugin menu. You might need to go through additional steps to activate the plugin, depending on your DAW.
Log in to your Dirac account if not already signed in.
There will be no filter stored in the audio plugin unless you have previously created new filters with the calibration tool.
Press the “play” button in your DAW to ensure that the audio stream is active while connected with the calibration tool. It is important that the audio stream is active during the whole calibration process. Here is a 30 minutes mp3 that you can use.
Run Dirac Live®
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet for licensing purposes.
- Please see to that your calibration microphone is connected to the computer running Dirac Live.
- Enter your account details in the first screen after launching Dirac Live. Login is required in order to save/restore any project or use purchased features.
- The Dirac Live Quick Start Guide can be found here: Dirac Live Quick Start Guide
Didn't find your solution here? Get technical support on the Help Desk!