In this tutorial, we will use the Host Element Free to run the Dirac Live Processor Plugin together with Voice Meeter Banana for multichannel processing on Windows by doing the following steps:
- Download and install Element +https://kushview.net/free-vst-host/+
- The free version is found on their GitHub, v0.40.0 can be downloaded here: +https://github.com/kushview/Element/releases/tag/0.40.0+
- Download and install Voice Meeter Banana +https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm+
- Download and install Dirac Live Processor Plugin +https://live.dirac.com/download/+
- Select Voice Meeter input as the system output
In Element, open View >Plugin Manager and click Scan to make sure the Dirac Live Processor Plugin is in the list.
Go to View >Graph Editor. Right click and insert DiracLiveProcessor.
Close the Dirac Live Processor Plugin User Interface and click on the cogwheel. Choose your multichannel configuration (Input and Output must be the same) then click save.
Connect the pins between the insert and Dirac Live Processor Plugin by dragging the wires. Start from pin number seven (pins 7-14 are Voice Meeter Banana virtual input).
You have now setup the Voice Meeter Banana together with Dirac Live Processor Plugin and the VST host Element. You are now ready to perform a measurement and create your first filters. You should now proceed according the instructions included here: Dirac Live® Processor - Quick Start Guide - Dirac Live Support - Confluence